ANNE SCHANZ, PHD,LPC
PROFESSION: National Board Certified Licensed Professional Counselor
AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Anxiety and panic disorders, Depression, Bi-polar disorders, Trauma recovery, Substance abuse recovery, Relationship rescue
LOCATION: Carrollton, TX
PHONE NUMBER: 972-854-3256
Dr. Anne Schanz, PhD is a National Board Certified Licensed Professional Counselor offering individual, couple and group counseling through her private practice in the North Dallas area since 1994. She also offers powerful, affordable classes and workshops to manage the symptoms and eliminate the root causes of anxiety and depression. Through self-acceptance, acquired by understanding how and why negative, self-sabotaging patterns develop in our lives, her clients achieve not only anxiety and depression relief, but also improved self-esteem and confidence, collaborative communication skills, and enhanced relationships with healthy boundaries.
Since moving to the Dallas area in 1974, Dr. Schanz has evolved through three distinct careers, acquiring extensive experience as an educator, business professional and therapist. Her unique combination of work experience and therapy training allows her to effectively assist her clients with their issues in the workplace and in their personal lives.
In her personal life, Dr Schanz has been a wife, mother, divorcee, single mother, step mother, grandmother, and now, widow. She has experienced the upheavals of divorce, death and starting over. Through her own search for health, peace and happiness, she has encountered highly effective alternative healing systems, which she has mastered and incorporated for use with her clients.
Dr Schanz brings her full life experience, as well as her many years of formal training, to her counseling sessions and her classes, where she provides practical, interactive and results-focused counsel to her clients. She specializes in developing self-awareness, unconditional self-acceptance, and collaborative communication skills to allow her clients to reach their full potential and achieve sustainable happiness in the real world.
Areas of expertise:
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Bi-polar disorders
- Trauma recovery
- Substance abuse recovery
- Relationship rescue
The culmination of Dr Schanz’s extensive experience and wide-ranging studies is her Clarity Key Method© to transform fearful living to conscious, present living. There are three basic components to this transformation.
- If you suffer from anxiety and stress symptoms, the first step is to learn research-based techniques to conquer your symptoms.
- The next step is to identify and eliminate the root causes of your self-defeating, and reactive patterns of behavior and emotion by learning to use the Clarity Key© Model to derive the unconscious beliefs driving your self-sabotaging, counter-productive, reactive behaviors and emotions
- The final step is to join a Clarity Group to incorporate your learning into your life.
License: TX license 12536
- PhD University of North Texas
- MEd University of North Texas
- BS University of Kansas
Certifications and Training:
- NBCC 34384, National Board for Counselor Certification
- Thought Field Therapy®, Callahan Techniques®
- Heartmath®, Coherence Techniques, Inner Balance
- BodyTalk®, International BodyTalk® Association
- Mindscape®, International BodyTalk® Association
- Past Life Regression, Brian Weiss Inst
- Hypnosis, Texas Hypnosis Institute